Download our new “Tour the Kennedy Center” augmented reality app before your visit, designed by our Education Artist-in-Residence Mo Willems!
The Pigeon will take you on a fun-filled tour around the Kennedy Center and teach you a little bit more about the nation’s performing arts center — but it’s up to you to figure out if his “fun facts” are a little too fun to be true. Once you visit at least 6 locations, you can stop by our Gift Shop for a surprise!
Here’s how you can join the fun:
- Download the “Tour the Kennedy Center” app from the App Store (iPhone or iPad) or Google Play Store (Android).
- Connect to our KC Public WiFi network while at the Kennedy Center.
- Launch the app and watch the introductory video & instructions.
- Visit one of the nine locations to scan your first code & get started!
- Decide at each location whether The Pigeon’s Kennedy Center fun facts are true or false.
- Earn virtual cookies in your virtual cookie jar for each correct answer.
- Earn surprises by visiting 3, 6, or all 9 locations! 3 cookies unlocks virtual picture frames for selfies in the app. 6 cookies earns a Pigeon button. And 9 cookies means you’re awarded a Certificate of Certification, with a bonus animation scanning code! To claim your Pigeon button and Certificate of Certification, visit the Welcome Desk in the Hall of States or REACH Welcome Pavilion.